It’s Lent Season!
Whoa! It’s March already? From my previous post, I said I would post 2-4 posts a week and I haven’t accomplish that. February was a busy month and there are things that I’m working on and hopefully it will come to the finish line very soon this Month. I will once again post a quick highlights from the past month.
- Star Wars 3D: The Phantom Menance was awesome even thou this is my least favorite of all Star Wars Saga but the Duel Fight between Qui-Jon & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul was awesome and the best in the prequel. There wasn’t that much of the 3D effects as I saw in Tron Legacy but still it was good to see it on the big screen again. I almost went to see it again for the 2nd time but I didn’t have time.
- Since this is Lent season: I have decided to give up Pop and dessert/candy/cookies. It wasn’t easy but I’m doing okay thus far as 11 days out of 46 days. I know I don’t have to stick with it on Sunday but I’m doing it anyway.
- As you see the picture above, I am announcing that I’m joining the Catholic faith as I’m going through RCIA. Last week was Rite of Election & The Call to continuing Conversion, I had the opportunity to meet Bishop Doherty at Diocese of Lafayette-In-Indiana. Photo (From Left to Right): Jason Adamowicz (Sponsor), Bishop Doherty, Jeff Guilkey (Me), and Morgan Stratton (Interpreter). It has been a great experience by going to classes and especially listen/watching Mike Haigerty talking. Everybody else who volunteer to teach a session or two did a good job teaching what they know about the topic of the week. Anyway, Easter Vigil is the big day in my journey of faith and it’s only the beginning.
- Mom is about to live in her retirement dream by having a piano. Thanks to Dr. Merbler, Chairperson of Special Education, help her to find a refurbished piano for a reasonable prices. It should be arriving in week or two. Pretty neat, huh?
- I have become serious about my weight/health so I can start living up to my goals that I would like to accomplished in my lifetime such as Skydiving, continue to ride more roller coasters, be happier, and more! I am not going to spill more details I meet my benchmark, there’s 5 benchmark in the whole process of my diet plan. I’m currently using “Lose it” iPhone app which is also available online to track my calories/exercise.
That’s about it for a general update. Hopefully I will have some specific update when I get to it. Anyway, I hope you have a great lent season. If you don’t mind sharing, what are you doing for Lent?
[box_light]Prayer Request: If you have room in your prayers, pray for the Haiti Service Team and Spring Break Team as they are traveling to their destination at this time and servicing throughout the week. Jason Adamowicz (Sponsor) is on the Haiti Service Team.[/box_light]