Imperial Star Destroyer™ Ultimate Collector Series 75252 revealed!
Lego has never been shy about creating epic sets for brick-building and the movie fans alike. On Wednesday, Lego has announced the latest’s addition to its ever-expanding Star Wars collection, a 4,784-pieces model of the Imperial Star Destroyer – the “Devastator” as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope (Episode IV). This is new release is a part of 20th anniversary of Star War’s first collaboration with Lego in 1999.
The Lego Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer is part of the Star Wars Ultimate Collectors Series and takes the same approach as the mega Millennium Falcon released previously. It offers those that favor the dark side the chance to build a mighty Star Destroyer from the films, as long as they’ve got the space to store it, the time to build it, and like the color grey.
Here are the details:
- Include Imperial Officer and Imperial Crewmember Minifigures
- The Devastator Imperial Star Destroyer model features swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts and intricate surface detailing.
- Also includes an attachable, buildable scale version Tantive IV starship for added Star Wars: A New Hope authenticity.
- With a display stand with informational fact plaque for the ultimate display piece.
- Also comes with 2 blaster pistol weapons.
- UCS model on display stand measures over 17” (44cm) high, 43” (110cm) long and 26” (66cm) wide, and over 14” (37cm) high without stand.
One of the iconic scenes from Episode IV is where Princess Leia recorded a message for Obi-Wan Kenobi to R2-D2 while being on “Devastator”. It would been awesome to have both minifigures of Princess Leia and R2-D2 in the set as well.
At 43 inches long, 26 inches wide, and 17 inches high (with the display stand), the 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer model will be Lego’s largest set based on a ship from the Galactic Empire — and the third largest Lego Star Wars set ever produced.
The entire set will cost $699.99 USD and will be available to public on October 1, 2019. However, if you’re VIP members, you can grab them early as September 18th. You can learn more on Lego.com!